Have you ever wondered once you hire a camper where could you camp in New Zealand and what types of camping are available? As you all know New Zealand is a popular holiday destination for its clean, green landscapes and natural environments. It’s simply paradise on Earth and that means it is worth of research.
There are many types of camping available in New Zealand.
1. Campgrounds and holiday parks – provides a safe and well-equipped camping experience. There are also many campground facilities available to you if you decide for this type of vacation like for example:
• A recreation room or communal lounge
• Communal kitchen
• Bathrooms/showers (sometimes coin operated)
• Laundry facilities …
2. Department of Conservation campsites – The campsites are located in some of the New Zealand’s most beautiful regions. Usually, they have on-site managers and they operate on a trust basis. All type of campers is welcome.
3. Wild camping – You are free as a bird. You simply hire and then travel from place to place, from beach to the beach exploring the beauties of New Zealand. What is a must when it comes to free camping is that you always:
• Use the public toilets; do not use the bush or waterways as a toilet
• Leave no trace of your visit – respect the nature
• Dispose of all rubbish responsibly, or take it with you – take care of environment
• Respect private property; don’t camp on someone’s land …
To be completely honest if you hire on I guarantee that you will not regret as, after all, you will be in the paradise.